Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for..........

W is for..........War.

There have been a lot of movies about war over the years. I always feel weird talking about war movies. It never feels right to say "I love that movie."

War is not a pleasant subject, and my appreciation for the best war films is different than any other genre. The best war movies shed a light or make a statement. They're usually hard to watch, but their greatness is undeniable. These are 5 of the very best:

5) Bridge on the River Kwai
4) Lawrence of Arabia
3) Full Metal Jacket
2) Saving Private Ryan
1) Glory

What do you think is the best war movie ever made?

5 comments:

  1. not a big war movie fan, I avoid it as much as I can but number 2 I liked form your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all great movies and I would add (of course) Apocalypse Now and Platoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen many war movies but I definitely agree with your #1. I would add Platoon to the list as well although that movie is probably the biggest reason I haven't seen many war movies. I saw it when it came out and it upset me so much I've avoided war movies ever since. Just can't handle the violence.

    Happy Friday, Tim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. War is a tough subject. Haven't seen all of these movies. I tend to avoid War movies, I think. I did see Braveheart. That was very good, but painful to watch.

    ReplyDelete