Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for..........

R is for..........Rocky.

Rocky Balboa is one of the great characters in movie history. I'd say Stallone went off the rails after Rocky III, but whattayagonnado?

I never tried my hand at boxing, but I can't tell you how many times the phrase "Rocky comeback" was invoked on the fields and courts of my youth.

The first three Rocky movies are three of my favorite sports movies, so I thought I'd do a list of my favorite sports movies today.

5) Breaking Away
4) Field of Dreams
3) Chariots of Fire
2) Rocky
1) Hoosiers - my love of basketball was the difference. Sorry Rock.

What's your favorite sports movie?

6 comments:

  1. someone needs to explain field of dreams to me...maybe i am not sport interested enough and i never seen the whole movie. but why are ghosts playing baseball...on a field...in the middle of nowhere, and how could that ghost become real and be a doctor, and what is going on?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite moments in the Rocky Series. It gives me chills watching...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cPd9gEzGMo

    ReplyDelete
  3. certainly those films were iconic at the time - yeah went squiffy after Rocky III

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO not a sports person--but I love sports movies--so that makes me athletic by default, right?? Rocky is one of my favorites, and I also like Rudy and Radio--even though I don't know if the latter two are "sports" movies ir actually more about the underdog with sports as a backdrop....Either way, I love 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only seen the first Rocky, that is definitely on my sports movie list. The song alone is so fantastic.

    Other sports movies I enjoyed were Bull Durham, Remember the Titans, and Eight Men Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your top 5 are on my list. Love Kostner's whole baseball trilogy; Field of Dreams was my favorite. 42 transcends baseball and sports, but it's my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete