Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for..........

T is for..........Tootsie.

My parents took me to a lot of movies growing up. My dad did all the action and sci-fi, and my mom did pretty much everything else. My parents' different tastes in movies gave me an appreciation for films of all types.

Earlier in the Challenge, I wrote about one of my favorite movie memories with my dad: the time we went to see Raiders.

One of my favorite movie memories with my mom is going to see Tootsie. My mom loves a good comedy, and Tootsie is a damn good one. My mom and I laughed a lot during Tootsie. Sharing laughter with someone is always a good thing. When it's your mom, it's a great thing.

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun movie!

    I didn't go to the movies much with my parents. It was usually my aunts and uncles who took me and my sister. Probably to give my parents a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think of when my siblings and I went to see Ghostbusters with my mom. She laughed so much it still makes me smile to think of it.
    Tootsie was a really fun movie, I haven't seen it in years and would be curious to see how well it has held up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping someone would post about Team America today. For some reason...I thought it might be you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good comedy, whether a movie or a funny clip, can make my day brighter. Tootsie is a fun one; our all time family favorite is Spaceballs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tootsie was hilarious. That is awesome that you went with mom. Sharing laughter and that specific memory with her is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have never heard of this movie...never ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw. That is a great movie. My kids and I enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire - another guy in a dress - guess that's what cracks us up!

    ReplyDelete