Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for..........

D is for..........Dude.

If you stopped by yesterday, you know that I love the Coen brothers. How can I not love the guys who created the best movie character of all time?

Jeffrey Lebowski.

Aka

The Dude.

Not buying The Dude as the greatest movie character of all time? Well, obviously you're not a golfer.

My wife loves The Dude as much as I do, and we watch The Big Lebowski a few times a year. In between viewings, we quote The Dude all the time. It could be daily. Seriously. For instance, when holding a class of any kind, an activity that does indeed happen on a daily basis, one or both of us is likely to say, "careful, man, there's a beverage here." It never gets old.

I could go on and on, but perhaps The Stranger said it best.

"The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals."

Who's your favorite movie character?

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could say who my favorite movie character is! I just draw a blank - I wish movies stayed with me more. The first character who came to mind is the hero of Argo - I can't even remember his name right now! And he most likely came to mind b/c he's the last movie I saw....

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favourite movie character? uhm, hm, I got nothing.
    I probably will remember in 2-3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it weird that I don't think I have one? I guess I don't watch enough movies. Kids will do that. LOL

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now I feel even more pathetic for never seeing this movie. I know I would love this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite character is Leigh Ann from The Blind Side. Often I feel like quoting her when people talk in theaters Hey... cr****mouth! Yeah, you! Zip it, or I'll come up there and zip if for ya!

    Love Sid from Ice Age too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite Movie Character... Hmmm. I probably quote most often all of the characters from The Princess Bride. I don't even know which is my favorite. They are all hilarious. I can do the Inigo Montoya bit in my sleep. I also like the "Inconceivable" bit. Then there is Billy Crystal's character's bit on "True Love." Love that.

    "He's only mostly dead." Yep. That show is chock full of quotable moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Other than Bill Murray as HST, I can agree for a fact that the Dude is the King. I love this movie and his attitude. The Dude will always live on...abiding. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dude is legendary, and this movie rocks. But you could have also done D for Donny :)

    ReplyDelete