Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for...........Nemo.

N is for..........Nemo.

Finding Nemo was the first movie that Meg and I went to see with our oldest daughter. Our youngest was only 8 months old, so she hung out with my parents. Even though we weren't a full squad, Nemo was the first movie that Meg and I saw together as parents.

Call me a dork, but I saved the ticket stub.

The Rileys have watched Nemo many times over the years, and it never gets old. I still love everything I loved that first time in the theater: the colors, the characters, the music.

You may have heard that Pixar is making a sequel, Finding Dory. It will be hard to recapture the magic of Finding Nemo, but those Pixar people are geniuses. Whatever they come up with, the Rileys will be there.

What do you think, is Finding Dory a good idea?

7 comments:

  1. awh that's so sweet that you kept the ticket! I loved the movie, I watched it in English and then the dubbed German version, they translated it pretty well into German.

    I am sure Pixar will come up with a good storyline, but sequels can either go wrong or right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's typical Disney fluff sequel stuff, then no. If it's Pixar magic and on the level of Toy Story 3, yes. Dory is just goofy enough to evade them long enough to make a great story if they do it correctly.

    Nemo is one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there for Dory too, I totally loved Nemo. And I think it's so nice that you saved the stub!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen has been wanting this sequel for SOOO LONG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch the animated movies (much). I've seen a couple. For instance, I saw Shrek. I confess that I haven't seen this one. I did see or hear in a TV interview that one woman was saying that because she had kids all she saw was animated movies with her kids. She mentioned this movie and said, "I don't want to spoil it for anyone but Nemo gets found." End of commentary on Finding Nemo. Everyone laughed. I laughed. That is not to say that it isn't a grand adventure, which I am sure that it is, but it is sort of a given that Nemo gets found. It would break every kid's heart if poor Nemo wasn't found at the end, no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not watch many animated movies even though they are all the rage. But I watched this one with my wife at home on our 3-D TV...it was pretty awesome.

    Nice choice, Tim.

    Chuck at Apocalypse Now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tim. Visiting from A to Z. Aw, saved the stub. That is sweet. We have saved our share of momentos over the years especially from firsts. Finding Nemo was enjoyed with our family as well. My husband loves loves loves watching the latest kids movies with the kids. Among his favorites is Enchanted. Enjoyed my visit. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete