Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for..........

J is for..........Jack.

When you're the best at what you do, one name is enough my friends.

Love him or hate him, Jack Nicholson is arguably the greatest actor of all time.

Bold statement?

Check out the credentials:

The man has been nominated for acting awards in 5 decades. That's right, 5 decades, from the 60s to the 2000s. He hasn't been nominated yet this decade, but I'm not betting against the guy.

His 12 Oscar nominations make him the most nominated actor of all time.

His 3 wins are tied for the most all time.

So yeah, maybe ol' Jack spends more time at Lakers' games than he does on movie sets these days, but I have a feeling he's got some great work left in him. Looking back on an amazing career, these are my favorite Nicholson performances:

5) The Shining
4) Prizzi's Honor
3) A Few Good Men
2) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
1) About Schmidt

Love him? Hate him?

What's your favorite Nicholson performance?

11 comments:

  1. I love him, he is great and I did not know about these facts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him! My three favorite movies of his (though it is really impossible to choose them) might be Five Easy Pieces (cannot deny the diner scene), OFOTCN, and As Good As It Gets - oh, and Chinatown! See? It's hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the best actors out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Few Good Men is my favorite, I can watch those court scenes over and over and they're still totally awesome. The Shining terrified me to no end.

    I'm not even a big Nicholson fan but there's no denying his talent. Chinatown was another favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to watch Cuckoo's Nest again. And A Few Good Men. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Jack and my favorite performance of his would have to be in As Good As It Gets.
    Shawn at Reading Practice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked him in THE BUCKET LIST. That is one my favorite movies of all time. You are right... the man has LONGEVITY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only seen two of those movies on your list, but of course The Shining is the one I can't forget. Psycho!

    And I also loved him in As Good as it Gets. Maybe not the most memorable part, but a great movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love him—especially in The Shining!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a toss up between a Few Good Men and The Shining. I guess I could split hairs and say both since they are completely different genres of film.

    Good choice for J

    Chuck at Apocalypse Now

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mum and I LOVED About Schmidt. It actually spawned a decades-long tradition of saying "Life is short, Ndugu", and in the end we just shortened it to "dugu" and we say dugu all the time now. ;)

    I haven't ever seen the Shining but I do have it on DVD now ;) must watch it!

    ReplyDelete