Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Dad

My youngest daughter took a bunch of pictures at Thanksgiving this year. This is the picture she took of her papa.


This will be the last picture we'll have. My dad died early New Year's Day. I want to thank readers of this blog who sent their thoughts and prayers. Please know that I deeply appreciate the support.

The last three years were one medical setback after another for my dad. He was too much of a fighter to give up, but I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore. There's a lot to say about my dad, but I'm having a hard time stringing my thoughts together right now. Thankfully I have some time to gather my thoughts, write something for his memorial service later this month.

2011 is going to be a tough year. My only resolution for this year, for every year from now on really, is to be as good a man as my dad was. Rest in peace Pop.
    

9 comments:

  1. So truly sorry for your loss. Hoping the end was merciful and peaceful for him. Heartfelt sympathy and prayers for you and your family.

    Sincere condolences.

    PMT
    Http://thisthattheotherone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Rest in peace. And I'm hoping you find some peace too as you go through this difficult time. Praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know the ache and the pain. Take care and know your blog friends are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, on behalf of dads and sons everywhere, that you have lost someone so important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, Tim. There are no words, but I hope that you find peace in the wonderful memories of him. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim,please, take my condolences. I am very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for the loss of someone who was obviously a very special man.

    Just so you know, your 2011 Resolution has got to be the most wonderful way to memorialize such a great person. I'l bet he's beaming with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped by to get an update on both your Dads. This certainly wasn't what I wanted to see. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your entire family will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss, Tim. You all are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete