Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Love


Thanks to PM Taylor for sending some blog love my way, the Life is Good award. PM's blog, This, That and The Other One, is one of my favorites, so be sure to check her out and become a follower. It is now my duty to answer some questions and pass the award on to another deserving blogger.

I'm going to pass the award on to one of my oldest blogging buddies, David Macauley at Brits in the USA. David's a great writer, and I've enjoyed watching his blog catch fire lately. Give him a look and join his rapidly expanding blog posse.

Q1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?


When I started the blog about a year ago, it never crossed my mind to blog anonymously. Can't say I've changed my mind.

Q2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side. 

You have to be stubborn to teach 8th grade English. We do grammar on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and let me tell ya, there's a lot of whining every time I say, "get out your skinny green workbook." The whining only strenthens my resolve.

Q3. What do you really see when you look at yourself in the mirror?

I see gray hair and wrinkles taking over. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I see a regular guy trying to do his best in this life.

Q4. What is your favorite summer cold drink? 

Leinengugels Summer Shandy-brilliant.

Q5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? 

When I make time for myself I pretty much do one of three things: read, write, or watch movies . There are stretches where I manage to squeeze in some exercise, but not enough lately.

Q6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? 

There are lots of things I still want to accomplish. The first thing on my list is finishing my book. The plan is to be done by summer, and then I can work on getting published. I'd like to go the traditional route, but self-publishing is looking more and more attractive.

Q7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching? 

I assume we're talking high school here? I was not an overachiever, and I only ditched a couple times in high school. I wouldn't say I was shy, but I wasn't the class clown either. I liked goofing around like any normal kid, but I generally liked and respected my teachers, so I never got too out of hand.

Q8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

The last time the Packers were in the NFC Championship, my dad and I watched the game at my house. It was just the two of us. We talked about everything as we watched, it wasn't just football. The Packers lost, but I loved spending that time with my dad. With the Packers about to play in the NFC Championship again this weekend, that memory is very strong right now.

Q9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I don't have a problem sharing my true self, although I do try to tone down the swearing. 

Q10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

This one is a no brainer. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone, so it would have to be reading. 

7 comments:

  1. Tim - I'm sure the game this weekend won't be the same without your dad, but it's great that you have such rich memories of time spent with him.

    Don't tell Tom, but I'm rooting for the Pack this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim. I'm touched. This is my first blog award. Not sure what I'll do with it but will certainly post a piece about the award shortly. have a great one - David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim - Thank you for the shout out - very kind! I am also a BIG fan of David's so I'm very pleased you passed the award along to him ...

    PMT
    http://thisthattheotherone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. It was fun getting to know you, and I can imagine that you are not the most popular guy on the block come grammar time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award. Yours is a very deserving blog.

    But please no grammar lessons today...pleeeaaassseee?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way that the publishing industry is changing so vastly, it is really hard to see what value added service the Publishing company is providing to an author who is not already successful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Through your blog I found David's so now I happily stalk you both.

    Did think of you when we were in London and heard Green Bay made the Superbowl... will be rooting for the cheese heads in your Dad's honor.

    You swear?

    ReplyDelete