A new TV season is upon us. It's good to have my favorite shows back, and I've tried out a few new shows as well. Here are five thoughts on the current state of my television viewing.
5) Really glad Kristen Wiig is back for another season of SNL: I did watch Bridesmaids last weekend-brilliant. I'm sure it'll make my top 10 of the year. With all of Wiig's success, I wasn't sure if she'd be back.
4) Person of Interest: This is one of the new shows I'm trying out. It's got Michael Emerson from Lost (man, I miss that show), and it was created by J.J. Abrams and Jonathan Nolan (Christopher's brother). The show has an interesting premise, but the first two episodes have been underwhelming. Not sure if I'm going to stick with this one.
3) Prime Suspect: I like having a good cop show in the mix. I love Southland, but I'm not sure if that's coming back. If the first episode is any indication, this show may become a regular for me. Maria Bello is the real deal, and it looks like she's found a role she can sink her teeth into.
2) Parks and Rec: This show has grown on me the past couple years. The ensemble cast is great, and I have a feeling it may give The Office a run for its money as my favorite show on TV.
1) The Office: I am seriously going to miss Steve Carell, but Ed Helms is one funny guy. I'm hoping his expanded role will keep the show running smoothly. I like the addition of James Spader. It feels like he's doing a middle age version of Stef from Pretty in Pink, which is a damn good idea in my book.
What shows are you watching? Are your favorites holding up? Any new shows to recommend?