Friday, September 9, 2011

Fast Five Friday + 2

This week was even busier than last. This school year is kicking my butt, and soccer started this week. I should have things under control soon, but once again, only one post this week.

L.G. Smith and Hektor Karl kindly gave me a cool award recently. L.G. and Hektor are both amazing bloggers. Do yourself a favor and become followers immediately. The 7 x 7 Link Award involves looking back at old posts to find pieces of writing that made a mark. I dig that.

Most Beautiful: I've written a number of posts about the bittersweet nature of parenting, but The Raft may be my favorite.

Most Helpful: I'm not sure the blog is much help, but if there's one thing I know, it's movies. My Top Ten Movies of the Decade may give you some ideas for your next movie night.

Most Popular: I just reposted Leonard Smalls vs. Anton Chigurh in July, but with twice as many pageviews as the next closest post, it fits the bill.

Most Controversial: I don't think I've riled up much controversy, but my post on Gender Bias in Reading comes to mind.

Most Surprisingly Successful: During the A-Z Challenge, I whipped out a post for B about Ferris Bueller. I didn't think it would get much of a response, but as of today, it's the post with the most comments.

Most Underrated: I've written a lot about teaching, and Leave it to the Bard nicely captures the essence of why I love my job.

Most Prideworthy: I'm a proud Papa, and I write about my girls quite a bit. My S and Q posts from the A-Z Challenge are oozing with pride.

Now I get to pass the award on to 7 more outstanding bloggers. As always, give 'em a read and follow their exploits. I look forward to seeing their selections.

Munk Davis
David Macaulay at Brits in the USA
Michael Offutt-SLC Kismet
Nubian
James at Luke, I Am Your Father
Olga at Artful Nuance
Carrie at Kiwi's Life

13 comments:

  1. Excellent! Loved those older posts. The Raft was very touching and, of course, I love the Leave it to the Bard post. Good stuff, Tim. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to go back through the old posts-thanks for including me with the 7 x 7. I thought you'd like the Bard post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to look back at some of your great posts, Tim.

    PS, thought of you (and your dad) last night, when the Packers were playing.

    Best,
    PMT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to laugh, as I just came here to let you know I passed this award on to you! You are a popular guy. ;)
    I enjoyed going through your old posts, and I think the Ferris Bueller one might be the first one I read here.

    I hope you weren't too swamped with work to watch the Pack last night. What a game! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Tim. This means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the award. I shall blog about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! I always like reading new blogs so I shall read these with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Tim, always a pleasure to read your blog as well. Congrats on the Packer's win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on another well deserved award, Tim. It's also a great opportunity to re-post some writing that some of us hadn't previously read. Love the Raft and the Bard posts. Heartfelt stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your award! Thank you for passing it to me, Tim :)
    Lately, I've been a bad commenter, because my professional and family commitments have kept me extremely busy. I'm glad you haven't forgotten me. I also regularly read your blog.

    ReplyDelete