Kate at Calamity, Kids, & Other Stuff for giving me The Stylish blogger Award. Kate is a woman with a lot on her plate, and the way she handles it all is quite inspiring. I'm honored that Kate would think of me for an award. I have to share seven things people might not know about me, and then comes the best part, passing the award on to 7 other deserving bloggers.
1) My parents were both in the Navy, and I was born on the Naval base in Chelsea, Massachusetts.
2) My first concert was Hall and Oates, and yes, I am very proud to admit it.
3) I was an altar boy until I was 15.
4) I had pictures of Molly Ringwald and Siguorney Weaver on my wall in high school.
5) One of my favorite places in the world is the Student Union at the University of Wisconsin. It doesn't get any better than having a beer on the Terrace.
6) When I lived in Minneapolis, I ran into Walter Matthau at my local grocery store. He was in town filming Grumpy Old Men. We were picking out melons together.
7) I will never forget the look on my dad's face when he got a hole-in-one on the last golf hole he ever played. Priceless.
Here are 7 stylish blogs you should really check out and follow:
The Writer's Kaffeeklatsch
Selina Kingston is Forty
Beyond the Diapers and Spills