Tuesday, January 10, 2012

When Last Friday Night Already Feels Nostalgic

A strange thing has happened to me the last couple years. Particularly enjoyable moments are quickly tinged with nostalgia. Case in point: last Friday, Meg and I watched a bunch of Portlandia episodes. We stayed up late, drank the leftover beer from the holidays, and laughed, a lot. 

Not even a week later, I'm already feeling nostalgic. Is that weird? Is that what happens as one gets older?

Anyway, premature nostalgia aside, Portlandia is a great show.  Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein are hilarious. Meg and I especially loved this skit/song about the 90s. As former wannabe 90s hipsters (the Minneapolis variety), we thought this was brilliant.  



11 comments:

  1. As an Oregonian I would concur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm in your nostalgic club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second series just started. Well worth checking out.

    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino
    The Funnily Enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, from what I can surmise you're positing, I should really take a look at this show. Ah, nostalgia. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, and yes. And I don't know where to watch "Portlandia."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this show but now I'm curious about it. I can relate to this, as I already feel totally nostalgic for the Christmas holidays. I was fortunate to have a great holiday, and last night I was thinking about it and feeling totally nostalgic. Anyone would have thought it was 10 years ago instead of barely 3 weeks ago.

    Happy weekend, Tim. Go Pack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen some really funny skits on Portlandia. I didn't care too much for Armisen when he started on SNL, but he has grown on me and is obviously a very talented and funny guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Green Bay lost yesterday dude. I'm not saying that because I have any interest in football, but more because I know that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't watched yet, but it is on my list. I am nostalgic for being in my 20's lately.

    ReplyDelete